Friends of Bladon School (FOBS)
What is FoBS?
Bladon Primary School has an active and supportive Parent/ Teacher Association called Friends of Bladon School (FoBS). All parents/ carers and school staff are automatically members of FoBS and everyone is encouraged to join in. Please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
FoBS aims to:
- Enhance the educational experience of all pupils by raising money, through a range of events, for additional facilities, activities or equipment.
- Encourage participation and develop positive relationships between the staff, parents, wider community and others associated with the school.
During the last few years, FoBS have raised money to help fund:
- the new Foundation stage building
- the refurbishment of the school library
- music equipment
- staging for our school performance
- all-weather surface play area
- laptops for the laptop trolley
This year, we are aiming to fund further improvements to the outside play area - watch this space for more information!
What does FoBS do?
FoBS carries out a programme of social and fundraising activities and events throughout the school year, and we're always grateful for any help. Past events have included:
- Whole School Disco
- Boden Party
- Cake Bakes
- Sponsored Spell
- Book Sale
- Summer BBQ
- Quiz Night
- Refreshments at Christmas Shows
- Pampering evening
- Whole school trip to the circus
This year we are planning new and exciting events and we are always grateful for any help!
What will I do as a Parent Volunteer?
As a volunteer you can have different commitment levels, which is determined by the amount of time you have to volunteer. This can vary from having a more formal role to simply helping out for an hour or two at a particular event.
See the School Newsletter, School Website and the FoB's Notice board (outside the hall) for meeting dates and upcoming events... and please come along to see what it is all about!