Health & Wellbeing
We now have a health and wellbeing team in school, who will work to support the children and their families, to gain a positive outlook on
Mental Health and emotional development.
Our vision is to support each child’s holistic well-being by:
• Raising awareness of mental health and emotional wellbeing as an open and positive topic
• Promoting positive emotional and physical development
• Recognising and addressing concerns as they arise
• Supporting children and their families in implementing effective coping strategies We aim to achieve this through:
• Education for staff, families and the children through assemblies, workshops and effective links to Mental Health support groups and charities
• Effective communication across the school community through class dojo, suggestion boxes and an allocated Mental Health support team
• Introducing coping mechanisms through Mental Health events, assemblies and class activities, as well as 1-1/group support sessions
Our health and wellbeing team are:
Matt Gregor (PE specialist)- firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Horn - email@example.com
Sally McManus -firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us, confidentially, either in person or via the above emails if you would like to discuss anything specific regarding your child.
Other local contacts:
Place 2 Be : https://www.place2be.org.uk/
MIND Oxfordshire: https://www.oxfordshiremind.org.uk/
Primary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (PCAMHS Oxford): https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/children-and-young-people/oxon/community-camhs/
Headspace – meditation and mindfulness: https://www.headspace.com/
We are currently working on a programme of exciting events, which will be confirmed shortly.